Easy Vegetable Soup
Make this easy Vegetable Soup recipe with whatever veggies you have on hand! Nourishing and light, it’s perfect to enjoy anytime of year.
Healthy Vegetable Soup
This vegetable soup recipe is cozy, healing, and warming – just the thing for cold nights, days when you’re craving a healthy reset, or any time you’re craving a delicious soup.
This recipe is so satisfying, but still light and fresh. Onions, carrots, and celery add depth of flavor to its herb-flecked tomato broth, and starchy beans and pasta make it nice and thick. I like to add green beans (and sometimes broccoli!) for texture, and, as a final finishing touch, I top it off with fresh parsley and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
It’s super easy and flavorful, and all you need is crusty bread to make it a meal. Cookies for dessert are optional, but highly recommended.
- The vegetables: What makes this minestrone soup healthy are all of the veggies! For this recipe we’ll use: onion, carrot, and celery, garlic, tomatoes, green beans and potatoes.
- Vegetable broth – Use store-bought or homemade.
- The herbs: Bay leaves, oregano, thyme and fresh parsley.
- Red pepper flakes – Optional, for heat.
***Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
Vegetable Soup Serving Suggestions
This recipe is best right after it’s made, as the pasta absorbs the broth as it sits in the leftover soup.
- A little fresh chopped parsley on top goes a long way for colorful serving.
Fridge: Let cool then store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Freezer: Let cool then store in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
Reheating: If frozen, thaw overnight in the fridge. Reheat in a pot on stove on medium heat until heated thru. Or in individual bowls in the microwave for 3 to 4 minutes.
You’ll also love…
More Veggie Recipes
Easy Vegetable Soup
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium white or yellow onion - chopped
- 3 large carrots - peeled and chopped into small chunks
- 2 celery stalks - chopped into small chunks
- 2 large garlic cloves - minced
- 6 cups vegetable o chicken stock
- 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
- ½ tsp bouillon (your preferred brand)
- 1 ½ Tbsp kosher or sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 cups chopped potatoes. About 3 large white potatoes or 2 medium russet potatoes.
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 2 cups fresh green beans - cut into 1-inch lengths
- ½ small cabbage - chopped into 1 inch squares
- 2 large zucchinis - diced
- 4 cups broccoli - cut into florettes.
- ½ cup fresh cilantro - chopped
- Heat two tablespoons of the vegetable or avocado oil in a large stockpot pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery.
- Cook, stirring often until the vegetables have softened and the onions are translucent; about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, tomato sauce, bouillon, salt & pepper, corn, potato and green beans. Mix well all ingredients.
- Cover and bring to a soft boil. Once boiling, lower heat to Medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, broccoli, cabbage & cilantro and mix to integrate all vegetables into the broth. Cover and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and rest for 10 minutes before serving. Remove the garlic and taste for salt & pepper add more if needed according to taste.
- Serve with hot sauce and drizzle some fresh lime juice.
This is truly the best minestrone soup! It’s light and flavorful plus easy to make. Thanks for the recipe!
Delicious! Always can rely on your recipes, thanks a lot 🙂