This Granola & Yogurt Parfait is layered with your favorite fruit like kiwi for a healthy, nutritious and tasty option for any meal or snack.
Enjoying delicious granola and yogurt is a truly satisfying experience. Imagine starting your morning with a bowl of warm and crispy granola, topped with a dollop of creamy yogurt and a sprinkle of fresh kiwis or berries.
In this recipe I use nonfat Greek Yogurt to keep the protein high. We mix it with some lime zest plus my favorite sweetener. This is the base to layer with the crunchy granola and your favorite fruit.
Just like my Oatmeal Greek Yogurt, you’ll have a delicious breakfast ready in 10 minutes or less!
How do you know when the kiwi is ready to eat?
It should be firm but yielding when gently squeezed. If it needs more ripening, try putting it in a paper bag with a banana to speed up the process. Just like you do with an avocado!
Kiwi, Granola & Yogurt Parfait
- 3 kiwis - peeled and diced
- 1 cup non fat Greek yogurt (227 grams)
- ¼ teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon clear honey or your preferred sweetener
- 1 cup granola - your favorite kind
- mint sprigs & blackberries for garnish - optional
- In a blender, puree half the diced kiwi. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the non fat Greek yogurt, lime zest, and honey
- Fold the pureed kiwi into the yogurt mix.
- Layer the yogurt, granola and remaining diced kiwi in small glasses, sprinkling a little mint on top of each kiwi layer.
- Add blackberries if using any. Serve immediately or save one portion in refrigerator for next day.
Kiwi Nutrition Benefits
Kiwis are healthy because they are packed with nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin E, folate, and potassium.
They also contain antioxidants and have a low glycemic index, which can benefit blood sugar control. Additionally, kiwis are a good source of fiber, which can help with digestion and weight management.
According to Medical News Today Kiwellin and kissper are proteins in kiwifruit that may have anti-inflammatory properties.