Chicken & Balsamic Tomato
This delicious Chicken & Balsamic Tomato is a mouth-watering dish that combines tender and juicy chicken breasts with flavorful tomatoes that have been cooked with balsamic vinegar.
I’ve been making this dish for years and it’s one of our favorites to eat on a weeknight for a quick and healthy meal. I often think of this being a dish I would serve to guests since it’s easy to prepare but yet it feels a little gourmet.
What you’ll love about this recipe:
This Chicken & Balsamic Tomato dish is comforting, luxurious, full of bold flavor, and made even better when soaked up by the bread.
How To Make Chicken & Balsamic Tomato
To prepare it, I start with seasoning the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and then seared until golden brown on both sides. The balsamic tomatoes are made by cooking diced tomatoes with balsamic vinegar, shallots, garlic, and olive oil until they are soft and fragrant.
Once the chicken is fully cooked, it is served with a generous spoonful of the balsamic tomato mixture on top. The combination of the tender chicken and the tangy-sweet flavor of the balsamic tomatoes is simply irresistible.
To finish it up, I garnish it with fresh basil for added freshness and flavor. It can be served with a side of brown rice, crusty bread, and roasted asparagus to make a complete and satisfying meal.
I really doubt you’ll have leftovers but just in case:
- Fridge: Let cool then store in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
- Reheating: Resurrect with a splash of water, and microwave for 2 to 3 minutes or until fully warm.
You’ll also love…
More Dinner Recipes
Chicken & Balsamic Tomato
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, - about 6 oz each
- kosher/sea salt & black pepper
- 2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, - or more if needed
- 1 large shallot or ¼ of a medium red onion, - finely chopped
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves, - chopped
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of wax paper on a solid level surface. Firmly pound chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a thickness of ½-inch. (If you don't have a meat mallet, you can slice the chicken to make thin fillets).
- Season chicken thoroughly with salt & pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil to medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook, turning once until nicely browned and opaque throughout, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- If there is no oil left on the pan, add one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook, stirring often until softened. a bout 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and vinegar. Saute stirring often for 2 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan and cook until the tomatoes begin to soften and split. About 2 more minutes.
- Add the basil and salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve warm with crusty bread for dipping in the balsamic reduction.